Coat of Arms
- Lobamba (royal/legislative
- ) Mbabane (administrative)
Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current Head of Government:
- Surrounded by South Africa, except for a short border with Mozambique, Eswatini depends heavily on South Africa from which it receives more than 90% of its imports and to which it sends 60% of its exports.
- The government is heavily dependent on customs duties from the Southern African Customs Union (SACU), and worker remittances from South Africa supplement domestically earned income.
- Subsistence agriculture employs approximately 70% of the population.
1,113,276 (July 2021 est.)
17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Swazi: 97%
- European: 3%
- Zionism (a blend of Christianity and African Traditional Religions): 40%
- Roman Catholicism: 20%
- Islam: 10%
- Other (includes Anglican, Baha’i, Methodist, Mormon, Jewish): 30%
- English (official, used for government business)
- siSwati (official)