Coat of Arms
Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current Head of Government:
- Modest oil reserves and favorable agricultural conditions lend Cameroon one of the best-endowed primary commodity economies in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Commercial and economic leader in the sub region.
- Highly dependent on commodity exports.
- Despite this, the economy in Cameroon suffers from economic mismanagement, pervasive corruption, and a challenging business environment (for local and foreign investors).
27,744,989 (2020) (51st)
475,442 sq km (183,568 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Cameroon Highlanders (Bamileke, Bamoun): 31%
- Equatorial Bantu (Bassa, Douala): 19%
- Kirdi: 11%
- Fulani: 10%
- Northwestern Bantu: 8%
- Eastern Nigritic: 7%
- Other African: 13%
- Non African: < 1%
- Indigenous beliefs: 40%
- Christianity: 40%
- Islam: 20%
- English (official)
- French (official)